ushistory logo<
buy a poster
ushistory logo

The President's House in Philadelphia

1951 Photograph Showing the Demolition of 524-530 Market Street

In the creation of Independence Mall, the buildings of the First Block were demolished. At the bottom left corner, note the hot-dog stand (see 1947 Photograph) attached to the last remnant of the east wall of the President's House.


Demolition of 524-30 Market Street. Photo dated November 1, 1951. Evening Bulletin Newspaper Collection, Urban Archives, Temple University.

ushistory logo Facebookinstagram

Interested in using our content? Click here!

Copyright ©1999- by the Independence Hall Association, a nonprofit organization in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, founded in 1942. Publishing electronically as On the Internet since July 4, 1995.