Can You Tell Fact from Fiction? (October 25, 2011)
Discovering Philadelphia’s Real Hidden Histories
Tuesday, October 25th, 4:30–6:30
In this FUN and interactive game-show-style workshop, attendees become contestants and work together to decide which historical stories they hear are true and which are fiction. Can YOU tell the difference? Remember, truth can often be stranger than fiction...
WIN prizes, hear about great new discoveries in Philadelphia’s Hidden Collections project and see copies of newly-uncovered documents. Enjoy yourself while learning about new resources you can use in the classroom and for National History Day!
- Tuesday, October 25, 2011 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at the National Archives at Philadelphia. Entrance on Chestnut Street between 9th and 10th Streets.
- Refreshments will be served.
- Act 48 credit is available. Please indicate your interest in Act 48 when you sign up.
- Teachers and students are both welcome to attend.
- Space is limited, so please sign up today.
- To register for more information, please contact Ang Reidell, Deputy Regional Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 606-0103.
Back by popular demand, the Hidden Histories workshop is brought to you by National History Day Philly and the Philadelphia Area Consortium of Special Collections Libraries (PACSCL) Hidden Collections Project.
Preparing Your Students for National History Day 2012: Revolution, Reaction and Reform