National History Day Philly Educator Newsletter, October 19, 2011
Greetings, Philadelphia Educators!
“Revolution, Reaction and Reform in History.”
Theme sheet, books, and sample topic sheets can be accessed on at nhd.org/AnnualTheme.htm. NHD Philly also has printed theme books available at all of our teacher workshops or by request.
- Wednesday, March 28 (juniors)
- Thursday, March 29, 2012 (seniors)
- Competition Registration Deadline: COB Friday, February 24, 2012.
This is also the deadline for website and paper submission.
- In-school contests to qualify students for NHD Philly must be completed prior to February 24.
- Fall Teacher Workshops:
- October 25: Hidden Histories in Philadelphia, 4:30–6:30
- November 29: NHD Documentaries How-To, 4:30–6:30
Both workshops take place at the National Archives at Philadelphia on the last Tuesday of each month and are open to both teachers and students. ACT 48 credits will be offered.
Watch for upcoming e-mails for more details about each workshop.
Student Topic Workshops
Available at the National Archives or in your classroom by request beginning the week of October 10 and continuing throughout the fall.
To sign-up for or schedule a workshop please contact me at Andrea.firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-606-0103
Calling All Interested Educators! Recruiting for NHD Philly Advisory Committee — NEW!
NHD Philly is looking for several educators to serve on a new advisory committee. The committee will help our dynamic program continue to sustain its growth. We plan to hold 2 meetings a year (fall and spring). If you are interested in joining this group, please contact me.