Research Strategies and ToolsUse this resource to help you use your research and produce a quality project
National History Day: A Guide to Using State and Local Resources
Copyright ©1999, Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission
Exercises based on material © by Susan K. Donley,
Permission granted for classroom use, all other rights reserved.
These links are provided from the above source.
- Consider the Source (How to understand and analyze your sources.) [pdf]
- Oral History (Learn how to ask the right questions.) [pdf]
- Interviewing an Artifact (How to tune in and listen to what an artifact is telling you.) [pdf]
- Reading a Photograph (How to decipher a photograph.) [pdf]
- Unlocking a Building (How to unlock clues hidden in building and structures.) [pdf]
- Crunching the Numbers (How to peel away the hidden story in your data.) [pdf]