|PREVIOUS STOP ...|
First Unitarian Church of Philadelphia
The second-to-last stop on this tour is Frank Furness' First Unitarian Church of Philadelphia (founded 1769). The Parish House was finished in 1884; the cornerstone for the church was laid in 1885 and it was dedicated in 1886.
The last stop is a particular job for lovers of opera and old barber shops. At 221 S. 21st, peek into the Tivoli Barber Shop. It is an homage to straight razors and the tonsorial trade. The windows are adorned with operatic scenes and musical memorabilia, which always bring smiles to the faces of passers-by.