|PREVIOUS STOP ...||NEXT STOP ...|
Conjectural elevation copyright ©2002 Edward Lawler, Jr.
The house no longer exists, but it was the "White House" of the United States from 1790 to 1800 when Philadelphia was the capital. It was the center of the Federal Branch of the government for Washington and John Adams, prior to the capital moving to Washington, DC.
The new Liberty Bell Center partially covers some of the house's backbuildings and stands just in front of the site of the slave quarters that housed some of Washington's slaves.