|PREVIOUS STOP ...||NEXT STOP ...|
Walk to the corner of 7th and Market Streets to the site of the Jacob Graff House, where the Declaration of Independence was written. It was reconstructed for the 1976 Bicentennial celebration. Jacob Graff, a bricklayer, built the house in 1775. It was a small brick dwelling, 16 by 50 feet, with two rooms on each floor and a center stairway. In one of his rented rooms on the second floor Jefferson worked from June 10 to June 28, 1776 to draft the document that was to change the world.