ushistory logo<
buy a poster


ushistory logo

The President's House in Philadelphia




Honoring Samuel Fraunces at St. Peter's, June 26, 2010

On June 26, 2010, Samuel Fraunces was honored by having his name inscribed on an obelisk in the churchyard of St Peter's in Philadelphia, where he is buried in an unmarked grave. Here are photographs of the event, led by Mr. Charles Blockson. A family genealogy was presented by Connie Coles.

frauncesobelisk1 frauncesobelisk2

frauncesobelisk3

frauncesobelisk4

frauncesobelisk5



ushistory logo Facebook

Interested in using our content? Click here!

Copyright ©1999- by the Independence Hall Association, a nonprofit organization in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, founded in 1942. Publishing electronically as ushistory.org. On the Internet since July 4, 1995.