Betsy Ross and the American Flag
Additional Flag Resources
The Betsy Ross House
- Betsy Ross House A Revolutionary Woman, an American Icon. The official site of the historic location.
Oral HistoryAs the history of Betsy Ross and the sewing of the first flag relies in large measure on oral history, as sworn to by affadavits from her daughter and other relatives in the 19th century, serious students of history need to be acquainted with the current standing of oral history in the historic community.
- Flags of the World Database
- Military Salute A well organized listing of flag-related information.
- NAVA The North American Vexillological Association
- The 13 Stars and Stripes: A Survey of 18th Century Images
- Flag Glossary
- Moland House in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, where the American Flag was said to have first flown over American troops.
- Flag Manufacturers Association of America and its "Certified Made in the USA" program for US flags