|PREVIOUS STOP ...||NEXT STOP ...|
St. George's Greek Orthodox Church
At 8th and Spruce Streets, turn right to 256 and the classic front of St. George's Greek Orthodox Church. It was built in 1822 as St. Andrew's Episcopal, with John Haviland (1792-1852) as the architect. Haviland, incidentally, is buried in a crypt beneath the church. The iron fence is one of the most noteworthy in a city of handsome ironwork.