|PREVIOUS STOP ...||NEXT STOP ...|
Four-story apartment building
Leave the alley and turn left. At 112-116 we find three houses built as rental properties about 1760 by Henry Harrison, a merchant. Coomb's Alley, to call it by its old name, was once similar to Elfreth's Alley in character, and these three houses and the one adjoining have been restored. Nearby is a splendid four-story apartment building, with a door on each landing (rather unusual). There is the inevitable hook at the top, for raising and lowering goods, and old "S" irons which lend support to the ancient structure.