More Declaration Resources
Here is a collection of orations and newspaper clippings to help provide historical perspective to the changing, and in many ways, changeless, views of the Declaration of Independence through time.
- America Seated Among The Nations (1780), by Jonathan Mason, 1780
- Americans Will Celebrate 1775 As A "Glorious Era", by John Wilkes, 1780
- Independence: A Solemn Duty, by Richard Henry Lee
- A Nation Born in a Day, by John Quincy Adams, July 4, 1821
- "The Meaning of July Fourth for the Negro" by Frederick Douglass, July 4, 1852
- Thomas Jefferson Selected as the Author Because Richard H. Lee Was Absent, The New York Times, 1917