Return to Home PageThe President's House

Archaeology at the President's House: Site Plan Overlay

« Index of Archaeology Photo Galleries, Maps, etc.

This shows the Site Plan overlaid on the 1862 Hexamer & Locher map of Philadelphia. In 1805, a store (524 Market Street) was built on the east yard (at left in picture); the President's House was razed in 1832 and three more stores were built (526 through 530 Market Street) within the frontage of the main house.

siteplanoverlay

historic documents, declaration, constitution, more