Coalition ProposalOn July 22, 2003 the Coalition to Free LOVE Park proposed the following, which has received very positive feedback from citizens and government:
- Bring back some marble benches; remove some of the pink planters to make the park more friendly to skaters.
- Restrict skating hours to after 3 p.m. on weekdays.
- Protect the park's surfaces (for instance, by using polymer coating or steel tips).
- Support the recently passed legislation imposing fines for skating on private property.
- Establish a nonprofit "Friends of LOVE Park" organization, to raise money to maintain and improve LOVE Park.
- Use the former Visitors Center as a skateboarding hall of fame or cafe to generate additional traffic and to raise revenue for the "Friends of LOVE Park."