CHANGING EXHIBIT SPACE
This is the smallest second floor bedchamber, although quite nice architecturally. The fireplace wall is the most symmetrical of the bedchambers. This room is basically unchanged since the 18th century. The plaster was installed by the Degns in the 1920's, as was the toe molding. The floor was also patched in one spot. The original woodwork color in this room was yellow ochre; the baseboards were black; the chairrail caps and window sills were brown; the window sashes were white. From about c.1820 on, this room was all white and is now beige. This area is now used as the changing exhibit room at Hope Lodge.