Rules of Conduct
Everybody who uses the Website agrees to abide by our Rules of Conduct.
Our Privacy Commitment
Please read our policy concerning unsolicited submissions of creative materials.
In order to use the Website, you need to obtain a Password. Passwords are issued only to Individual Subscribers and learning institutions or teachers subscribing on behalf of their students ("Subscribers") (collectively, "Users") who have registered. You must be an individual, 18 years of age or older, or be an Subscriber to register.
Passwords that have been issued to Subscribers may not be shared. They may only be used by the parents, teachers and students to whom they are assigned pursuant to the Subscriber's registration information. Passwords issued to Subscribers may be shared with that Subscriber's spouse, children or grandchildren ("Immediate Family") only. Users remain at all times solely and fully responsible for the proper use of passwords issued hereunder. Subscribers who intend to share their password with a member of their Immediate Family who is under 13 years of age agrees to supervise the minor person's use of the Website.
Authorized parents and teachers receive special individual Teacher Passwords that may not be shared with anyone else giving them access to the special teacher areas of the Website.
If you think at any time that your Password has been compromised, please send an email to webmaster@Edu-Blocks.com to be issued a new password.
Subscription Fees, Payment and Termination
Subscribers will pay the subscription fees in effect for the Website services to which such Subscriber is subscribing on the Registration Page via approved credit or debit card. During the Beta test period, there are no subscription fees. Upon acceptance of this subscription, a Password shall be issued and the Website services shall be accessible by the Subscriber for the period subscribed for on the Registration Page (the "Subscription Period"). All Beta period subscribers will be terminated on March 1, 2011.
A Subscriber may request a refund of any fees paid any time before the expiration of his or her Subscription Period if the Password issued has not been used. UPON USE OF THE PASSWORD TO ACCESS OR ENABLE THE WEBSITE, ALL AMOUNTS PAID BECOME NON-REFUNDABLE.
Browsers, Equipment and Accessibility
It is a User's sole responsibility to obtain and maintain equipment and software, including without limitation operating system and browser software, that conforms to Edu-Blocks.com's specifications in effect, as revised from time to time, in order to connect to, communicate with and use the Website.
Edu-Blocks shall use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the accessibility of the Website at all times, but may discontinue some or all of the Website features or services at any time, with or without notice, in order to perform hardware or software maintenance and/or upgrades or problem resolution. Additionally, to the extent that use of the Website is prevented, hindered, delayed or made impracticable by reason of force majeure (including any cause that cannot be overcome by reasonable diligence and without unreasonable expense) or due to Edu-Blocks's compliance with its commercially reasonable standard operating procedures or with any laws, rules, policies, practices or regulations of any industry association or organization, or any jurisdiction or governmental authority, Edu-Blocks and its affiliates will be excused from such delay or performance.
Use of Content
The Website has two types of content. The first, Edu-Blocks Content, is material that Edu-Blocks has created and placed on the Website. This material belongs to Edu-Blocks. The second type of content, Third Party Content, is any material placed on the Website by anyone other than Edu-Blocks.
All Edu-Blocks Content is protected by law, including but not limited to United States Copyright law, international conventions and other copyright laws. Edu-Blocks own the copyright to the Edu-Blocks Content as a collective work or compilation and in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of the Edu-Blocks Content. The Independence Hall Association (IHA) owns content it has furnished to Edu-Blocks for the Declaration of Independence Lesson Plan. All IHA content is protected by law, including but not limited to United States Copyright law, international conventions and other copyright laws. For the purpose of the Declaration of Independence Lesson Plan, the IHA permits Edu-Blocks to reproduce and use the content it has provided.
- Permitted Use: You have Edu-Blocks permission to print a reasonable number of copies of the content displayed on the Website for noncommercial personal or classroom use, provided that any copies you print continue to show all notices concerning copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights that appear in the material you reproduce.
- Prohibited Uses: Except as expressly permitted by copyright law and except as permitted in the preceding paragraph, you must obtain written permission from Edu-Blocks, or the third-party owner of material appearing on the Website, for any other copying, redistributing or publishing of any Edu-Blocks Content or Third Party Content. The downloading to a server or personal computer of Edu-Blocks Content or Third Party Content displayed on the Website outside of the ordinary function of the web browser and the downloading of any code from the Website is strictly prohibited. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display or in any way exploit, any of the Edu-Blocks Content or Third Party Content, in whole or in part, for commercial purposes without the express permission of Edu-Blocks.
- Linking to and framing the Website: You may create and publish links to the Edu-Blocks.com homepage at http://www.Edu-Blocks.com. Creating and publishing links to any other pages within the Website (except bookmarking such pages for your personal noncommercial use) is not permitted. Framing the Website is strictly prohibited.
- Links from the Website: Before linking Edu-Blocks.com to another site, we review that site to ensure that it provides useful information. Please send an email to webmaster@Edu-Blocks.com if you believe that a linked site contains information, which is not useful, or if the link leads to a non-existent or discontinued site.
- Additional Restrictions: You may not: (a) access the Website by any means other than a standard web browser having support for secure and encrypted communications, such as Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Apple Safari; (b) copy, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate, or modify any Website application or service;(c) sublicense, rent, lease, or permit any third party, to access any Website application or service through the use of User's password, except as permitted hereunder; (d) publish the results of benchmark tests of any Website application or service, or use any Website application in any manner which is competitive with services provided by Edu-Blocks.com or Edu-Blocks; and (e) knowingly use or permit any others to use any facilities or services of Edu-Blocks.com or its Licensors in connection with any effort that Subscriber knows seeks to breach the security or confidentiality of any other digital or on-line environment.
Users understand that except for Edu-Blocks Content, Edu-Blocks does not control, provide, operate, and is not responsible for, any content, goods or services available on the Internet other than the Edu-Blocks Content on the Website. Internet content made accessible on the Internet by independent third parties is not part of Edu-Blocks.com and is not controlled by Edu-Blocks. Edu-Blocks neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of such Internet content, goods or services.
Users should be aware that the Internet contains content, goods and services that you may find obscene, improper, hurtful or otherwise offensive and that may not be suitable for certain users of the Website. Because of the nature of the Internet, we cannot control where children may go while using the Website. Parents, guardians or teachers should supervise children when using the Website and the Internet at all times.
Use of the Website is subject to the requirements, rules, regulations, operations and procedures of any relevant public communications authorities and/or private communications carriers. Edu-Blocks (and its affiliates) shall not be liable for any losses, costs, liabilities, damages, expenses and/or claims arising from or relating to the delay, alteration or interruption of telecommunications between Users and Edu-Blocks.com caused by the failure for any reason of any communications facilities which User or Edu-Blocks (or any of affiliate) has contracted from any public communications authority or private communications carrier.
EDU-BLOCKS PROVIDES THE WEBSITE SERVICES HEREUNDER ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. EDU-BLOCKS MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH REGARD TO ANY CONTENT, APPLICATION, SERVICES OR GOODS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE EDU-BLOCKS.COM WEBSITE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EDU-BLOCKS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NEITHER EDU-BLOCKS NOR ANY OF ITS INFORMATION OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. EDU-BLOCKS DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF EDU-BLOCKS.COM, OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY EDU-BLOCKS OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN TERMS OF ITS CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, PERFORMANCE, OR OTHERWISE.
Without limiting the foregoing, each Subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Edu-Blocks and its successors, assigns, officers, directors, employees, contractors, and agents from and against any and all claims, costs, expenses, damages, and liabilities, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from or associated with in any way the Subscriber's breach of its obligation to obtain parental consent for the use of the Website by a student.
Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to use of the Website shall be settled by arbitration in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator, who shall be an attorney-at-law and shall have a background or training in computer law and contracts. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding, and judgment upon the award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant injunctive relief in a form substantially similar to that which could otherwise be granted by a court of law. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award any damages of the types excluded by this Agreement, regardless of the nature of the claim. Each party shall bear its own costs and expenses incurred in such arbitration. Nothing in this paragraph shall derogate from the rights of Edu-Blocks.com to seek preliminary injunctive relief in a court of law to preserve the status quo.
Notice: Any communication between Edu-Blocks and a User shall be effected by personal delivery in writing, by registered or certified mail (postage prepaid with return receipt requested), overnight delivery service, facsimile (with a copy by registered mail) or e-mail to webmaster@Edu-Blocks.com. The date upon which any such notice is received at the designated address shall be deemed to be the date of such notice.
Assignment: A User may not assign, delegate or otherwise transfer its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of Edu-Blocks. Any attempted assignment without consent from Edu-Blocks shall be invalid and unenforceable
Acceptance of Subscription by Edu-Blocks: All subscriptions are subject to acceptance by Edu-Blocks. Edu-Blocks reserves the right to refuse to accept any subscription or to delay acceptance pending fulfillment of such conditions as it may elect to impose. Edu-Blocks will notify a User if it denies or delays acceptance of such User's subscription.