Date: September 25, 2008
Byline: Press Release
Heritage Day at the Black Horse Inn
Join us as we step back in time to celebrate "Heritage Day at the Black Horse Inn"
Sunday afternoon, September 28th, 2008, 2:00-5:30 p.m.
As the Black Horse Inn completes its exterior renovations, we are taking this opportunity to thank all those who have contributed to this wonderful restoration effort, and to invite the entire community to mark this special occasion by celebrating our history.
This FREE fun day for the whole family is being planned by the Springfield Township Historical Society, the Friends of Historic Bethlehem Pike and the Black Horse Inn Advisory Committee.
Festivities will focus on the colonial history of our area and will include:
- Food Provided by Local Restaurants
- Colonial and Native American Toys and Crafts
- Presentation of Student Essay Contest Awards
- Town Crier and Colonial Reenactors
- Revolutionary Era Inspired Beer for Tasting
- Colonial Musicians
- Glass Armonica Player
- Appearance by "George Washington"
- Performances by Springfield Township High School & Middle School band members
- Memorabilia of Local History
- Speakers discussing the Battle of Germantown, and History of the Inns along Bethlehem Pike
As the inn belongs to all of us, we hope that you will join us for this free event. Enjoy the history, crafts, music, games, "colonial guests", food, drink, and merriment.
Before we start the next phase of raising funds and restoration, we are taking this moment to appreciate what we have accomplished together so far and how great the exterior of our Black Horse Inn looks now, and to get ready to plan exciting things for her future.
Our deep thanks go to all the individuals and businesses who have made this special celebration possible.
For more information call 215-233-4600 or visit www.springfieldhistory.org