Philadelphia Timeline, 1848
- February 27. Incorporation of the district of Richmond in the county of Philadelphia. Bounded on the east by the Delaware River, on the north by Westmoreland Street, along the same westward to the westward side of Emerald Street, along the same to the southerly side of Hart Lane, and along the latter to the northern boundary of Kensington district, and by the same to the Delaware River and place of beginning. March 25, 1848, the boundaries were extended to beginning at the river Delaware, on the west side of Westmoreland Street,, and extending along the river to the north side of Tioga Street; thence along Tioga to the east side of the Point Road; along the Point Road to Westmoreland Street, and along the same to the place of beginning.
Excerpted from "Happenings in ye Olde Philadelphia 1680-1900" by Rudolph J. Walther, 1925, Walther Printing House, Philadelphia, PA