Philadelphia Timeline, 1846
- May 11. Congress of the United States declared that war existed by the act of the republic of Mexico. Ten million dollars appropriated and the President authorized to call out fifty thousand volunteers.
- May 13. The journeymen printers met at Keystone hall and resolved that they would take up their shooting sticks in their country's cause.
- August 24. Cornerstone laid of new St. Michael's R.C. Church, to replace the one destroyed by fire in 1844.
- September 17. Old Fellow' Hall, Sixth and Haines (Cresson) Streets, dedicated.
- November 5. St. Anne's R. C. Church dedicated.
Excerpted from "Happenings in ye Olde Philadelphia 1680-1900" by Rudolph J. Walther, 1925, Walther Printing House, Philadelphia, PA