Christian Flag Code
The following is from the Christian Flag Code [Source]
- When the Christian flag is on the floor level, the Christian flag is placed to the right, front, of the congregation and outside of the communion railing.
- When the Christian flag is placed within the chancel, communion railing or choir loft, the Christian flag is placed to the right side of the altar, of the clergymen, and of the choir as they face the congregation.
- When the Christian flag is displayed with the American flag and/or other flags:
- The American flag and/or other flags may be placed symmetrically on the opposite side of the sanctuary and on the same level as the Christian flag.
- If desired, it is also proper to place the Christian and national flags side-by-side wherever stationed in the church, thus symbolizing both the spiritual and patriotic loyalties of the congregation.
- When the flags are placed side-by-side, the Christian flag is always stationed on the right of all other flags.
- The Christian flag never dips to any other flag. It may properly dip to the altar Cross.
Return to the Betsy Ross Homepage